Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Brown, Mike" <mi...@dor.state.wi.us> on 2005/01/31 20:59:41 UTC

RE: Axis Gurus - Please help .. Urgent .... Issue with Document c lass ???

 Okay, I've been here several times before. Essentially Websphere Server
provides its own SOAP implementation based on SAAJ 1.1
Axis 1.2RC2 uses SAAJ 1.2. One of the jars that the Websphere container
loads is SAAJ1.1.jar

When your axis.war gets loaded by default SAAJ1.1.jar is the first place WS
looks for the org.w3c.dom.Document interface. org.apache.axis.SOAPPart
implements the org.w3c.dom.Document interface found in saaj1.2.jar (located
in your axis.war). So the trick is to make it look at the place you want it
to.

First you want to open the server perspective (click the open a perspective
button in the upper left of the workspace, select other and find server).
Now, in the server configuration panel (lower left), find the server that
you are deploying the Axis.war (a.ear) to. Double click on that server and a
deployment editor should come up. Click on the applications tab and
highlight your EAR. Make sure that under the WAR classloader policy
dropdown, you select module. Now drill down to your war on the left side and
highlight it. On the right make sure that classloader mode is PARENT_LAST.

Save your changes, restart the server and try running your tests again. It
should work this time.

Posted by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com>.
Mike- I tried your appraoch in my WSAD but it does not work.

Only combination that successfully run AXIS WEB MODULE is
EAR CLASSLOADER MODE: PARENT_FIRST
EAR WAR CLASSLOADER POLICY: APPLICATION
WAR CLASSLOADER MODE: MODULE

Please suggest ....