Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Gadiputi, Sravani" <sr...@capgemini.com> on 2016/07/08 08:35:23 UTC

ExecuteProcess usecases

Hi,

I need more information on ExecuteProcess,below are the questions.

1)      What is the scope of the ExecuteProcess processor in Nifi?

2)      Can we use ExecuteProcess to execute shell script in remote server.
For example I wanted to delete the files in hadoop system file path using Nifi. so I have taken ExecuteProcess.

Filename:test_del.sh
Path:/tmp/test_del.sh
Content of the .sh  file is: "hadoop fs -rm /usr/dev/test_files/*"
Note: Nifi is installed in same instance.

In the property section of ExecuteProcess:
Command: bash
Command Arguments: :/tmp/test_del.sh

So I can achieve execution of .sh file in this way, lets say in the local machine.

Here my requirement is
None of those scripts are in the server where nifi is running. And, we cannot install nifi in any other place.
So how to do it for executing the shell script  in remote machine .
Is it possible with only ExecuteProcess or we can also use other processors to achieve this?
Please help me in this..

  Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Sravani

Re: ExecuteProcess usecases

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello

You should certainly be able to execute a local script (local to the
server NiFi is running on).  That local script can execute remote
commands (on systems other than NiFi is on).  In this manner NiFi
usage would be basically as a cron tool which isn't its primary
purpose but is an edge case folks use at times.

Thanks
joe

Posted by "Gadiputi, Sravani" <sr...@capgemini.com>.
Hi,