Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 22:07:53 UTC

Solr.xml parameters

I'm trying to finalize some of the documentation for the release of
the docs that'll
happen Real Soon Now so I need to nail these down.

How close are these definitions for the following parameters?

distribUpdateConnTimeout - the time any update will wait for a node to
respond to an
  indexing request.

distribUpdateSoTimeout - The socket read timeout before the thread
assumes the read
operation will never complete due to some kind of networking problem.

leaderVoteWait - when SolrCloud is starting up, how long we'll wait
before assuming that
no leader will identify itself.

genericCoreNodeNames - I have no idea.

managementPath - no clue

roles - why do I care to set this parameter?

coreNodeName - how is this different than name? Is it something anyone
should mess with
 and why?

logging watcher threshold - No clue what this does.

Re: Solr.xml parameters

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I came to the same conclusion after I had a chance to dig into
the code, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Re: Solr.xml parameters

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.

Re: Solr.xml parameters

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Mark:

Thanks, I looked over the code and got them mostly right, I'll update
the Confluence page to reflect more accurate information...

Re: Solr.xml parameters

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.