Posted to dev@batchee.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2014/08/10 22:21:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release BatchEE 0-2-incubating

Hi!

I'd like to call a VOTE on releasing Apache BatchEE 0.2-incubating.

BatchEE is a JBatch implementation (based on the RI code) plus many useful extensions and additional SPI implementations.

The following bugs and enhancements got implemented:

Bug
    [BATCHEE-26] - rename our Database table names
    [BATCHEE-28] - @Inject JobContext only works during loadArtifact
    [BATCHEE-39] - jobProperties handling in JobExecutionEntity is wrong
    [BATCHEE-42] - CLI openejb misses geronimo-javamail
    [BATCHEE-43] - JobExecutionEntity#jobProperties should get stored as String
    [BATCHEE-44] - Rollback should not swallow Exceptions
    [BATCHEE-47] - Fail to create buffer in TransactionalWriter
    [BATCHEE-48] - ItemProcessListener.onProcessError() gets called with 'processedItem' instead of 'itemRead'
    [BATCHEE-49] - Clicking on a parameter name or value removes the parameter

Improvement
    [BATCHEE-29] - move all the Proxies to java Proxies
    [BATCHEE-30] - implement a TransactionManagementService which uses UserTransaction
    [BATCHEE-31] - TypedProcesser should also define return type
    [BATCHEE-32] - add NoStateTypedItem*
    [BATCHEE-33] - BufferedItemReader#readAllItems() should return Iterable<R>
    [BATCHEE-46] - improve problem logging at boot time

New Feature
    [BATCHEE-27] - implementBufferedItemReeader
    [BATCHEE-45] - add a few simple BatchOperator commands to our batchee-servlet
    [BATCHEE-51] - add stop and restart to SimpleRest

The release notes are available online:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314924&version=12326690

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebatchee-1001/

Source Release:
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebatchee-1001/org/apache/batchee/batchee/0.2-incubating/batchee-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip
sha1: 37734dd41c8217a78f2d33f8f657e55208c3ba69

My PGP release key 2FDB81B1 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/trunk/KEYS

I've staged the release commits in my private repo for a review

https://github.com/struberg/incubator-batchee/tree/0.2-incubating-vote1
This gets merged to trunk once the VOTE succeeds.

The VOTE will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 veto (and reason why)

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Re: [VOTE] Release BatchEE 0-2-incubating

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: [VOTE] Release BatchEE 0-2-incubating

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: [VOTE] Release BatchEE 0-2-incubating

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release BatchEE 0-2-incubating

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Whoops, that's a problem with the syncing as the original repo contains all the artifacts [1].
Olivier, can you maybe take a look at it? I'm currently on vacation with very limited broadwith...

Liegrue,
strub

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/batchee/batchee-jbatch/0.2-incubating/

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.