Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Niklas Uhrberg <Ni...@resurs.se> on 2019/10/21 14:39:06 UTC

About support for revolving credit in Fineract

Hello, this question is more about the functionality offered by Fineract (1.x or CN) than a technical question.

Reading the documentation and looking at the Community App interface I conclude that there is no support for credit card type of credit a.k.a. revolving credit. In this type of credit product there is usually no fixed repayment plan e.t.c.

I want to be certain that I don't conclude in error here.

Best regards Niklas

[cid:image5a20fc.PNG@c9f095bb.45a3dd82]
Niklas Uhrberg
Konsult
IT Development | Loans & Credit

Resurs Bank AB

Växel:  +46 42 38 20 00
E-post: Niklas.Uhrberg@resurs.se<ma...@resurs.se>
Webb:   www.resursbank.se<http://www.resursbank.se>

Re: About support for revolving credit in Fineract

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Niklas,

A number of other users in the community are also exploring revolving line
of credit support and building it out on Fineract 1.x or Fineract CN.

Prakash has led efforts to draft an initial requirements doc/spec that
we're continuing to expand. I will share that here and also add to the page
that Vishwas had previously created.

 RCF_Requirements
<https://docs.google.com/a/mifos.org/spreadsheets/d/1bPzTUlW42eLJND7g6vfGntP3ayMU_cwj2unOa2rZ9ZQ/edit?usp=drive_web>

We welcome your input on the requirements needed and I can set up a call
with Prakash to discuss that further. I would like to get all these
requirements documented publicly so we can mobilize efforts to get proper
support built out in the platform that meets most of the common
requirements across the community.

We also had this Google Doc in the past which was exploring some of the
various distinctions amongst line of credit products:

 Line of Credit Support
<https://docs.google.com/a/mifos.org/document/d/1g3UR3EzQjGBnd1IMHP15r0UZzRYy75JmaJDtjsF2LkA/edit?usp=drive_web>

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Re: About support for revolving credit in Fineract

Posted by Vishwas Babu A J <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niklas Uhrberg <Ni...@resurs.se>.
I tried configuring a savings account with a positive overdraft limit and this may be a usable setup to get the "credit card behaviour" .

Let's assume that the desired behaviour is the following cycle:

1. The customer uses the card connected to the overdraft savings account to make purchases for the month October.
2. After the end of the month there is a bill to be payed with the total sum of purchases. If this bill is payed on time no interest should be accrued, only if the credit is prolonged.

This is a common setup and I don't know if this would be be supported as is in Fineract.

Please let med know if this is possible with the current implementation.

BR Niklas

[cid:imagebe6b8a.PNG@9096b677.458dc178]

________________________________

Posted by za...@intrasofttechnologies.com.

Email:  <ma...@intrasofttechnologies.com>
zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com

Schedule Meetings:  <https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid>
https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid

Hello, this question is more about the functionality offered by Fineract
(1.x or CN) than a technical question.

Reading the documentation and looking at the Community App interface I
conclude that there is no support for credit card type of credit a.k.a.
revolving credit. In this type of credit product there is usually no fixed
repayment plan e.t.c.

I want to be certain that I don't conclude in error here.

Best regards Niklas

Niklas Uhrberg

Konsult

IT Development | Loans & Credit