Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Warren Bell <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 18:11:12 UTC

Redirect to a static pdf in popup/new tab

I have a situation where a user needs to click on many links on one page
and display many static pdfs each in a new tab or popup. The problem is
that I need to do some processing on the original page in the
Link#onClick before I open up the pdf in a new tab or popup.  I do not
want the pdfs added to any existing or new pageMaps either. Something
like this:

new AjaxLink(...)
{

public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
{
 // do some processing
// add component to target
// open up new window or tab with static pdf
}

I have tried different combinations of ExternalLink with
setPopupSettings(popupSettings). A modal window that uses an
AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior while processing is being done and then allows
user to click on an ExternalLink that displays pdf in popup. And other
combinations. Each has little quirks or added steps required by the user.

Is there a better way of getting this to work?

Thanks,

Warren

Re: Redirect to a static pdf in popup/new tab

Posted by Warren Bell <wa...@gmail.com>.
As far as I can tell, there are no Ajax related links that can use
PopupSettings. I need to refresh a component as part of the processing.

Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> Could you use PopupSettings to specify it should be a new window and
> just process whatever you need in the onClick() of the link?
>

> cheers,
> Steve
>

> On 28 Apr 2009, at 17:11, Warren Bell wrote:
>
>> I have a situation where a user needs to click on many links on one
>> page and display many static pdfs each in a new tab or popup. The
>> problem is that I need to do some processing on the original page in
>> the Link#onClick before I open up the pdf in a new tab or popup.  I
>> do not want the pdfs added to any existing or new pageMaps either.
>> Something like this:
>>
>> new AjaxLink(...)
>> {
>>
>> public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
>> {
>> // do some processing
>> // add component to target
>> // open up new window or tab with static pdf                 }
>>
>> I have tried different combinations of ExternalLink with
>> setPopupSettings(popupSettings). A modal window that uses an
>> AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior while processing is being done and then
>> allows user to click on an ExternalLink that displays pdf in popup.
>> And other combinations. Each has little quirks or added steps
>> required by the user.
>>
>> Is there a better way of getting this to work?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Warren

Warren Bell
909-645-8864
warrenbell2@gmail.com

Re: Redirect to a static pdf in popup/new tab

Posted by Steve Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk>.