Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Luis Fernando Robledano <Lu...@iit.upco.es> on 2000/01/24 15:53:03 UTC

Using Xerces from C++Builder4

Hello,
Im interested in using Xerces utilities from a C++Builder4 (winNT)
application.Is there library binary file (.lib) available. Samples seems to
compile correctly if porting from VC6 version (although the import Borland
utility is said to work for VC5 project files), but the library project
fails on compilation.
 Anyway, some changes I've need to make to "BorlandCDefs.hpp" file:
modifications are in 'lf' blocks -starting with "//lf{" and ending with
"//}lf".

{
#define PLATFORM_EXPORT     __declspec(dllexport)
#define PLATFORM_IMPORT     __declspec(dllimport)
// #define NO_NATIVE_BOOL
typedef wchar_t  XMLCh;

//lf{
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  Define unsigned 16 and 32 bits integers
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
typedef unsigned short  XMLUInt16;
typedef unsigned int    XMLUInt32;
//}lf
#ifdef _DEBUG
#define XML4C_DEBUG
#endif
//lf{
//const char* const XML4C_DLLName = "XercesLib XML4C_DLLVersionStr;
const char* const XML4C_DLLName = "xerces-c_" XML4C_DLLVersionStr;
//}lf
}

PLEASE, HOW CAN I USE XERCES FROM A BORLANDC++4 APPLICATION??!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

	Luis Fernando Robledano Esteban
e-mail : LuisFernando.Robledano@iit.upco.es
"Juzga tu exito en la medida de lo que tuviste que renunciar para obtenerlo."