Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by mm...@lycos-inc.com on 2000/10/13 16:13:38 UTC

problem converting to using StylesheetRoot

Hi...

     i took a program that had been passing the
style sheet into the processor every time and tried to
convert it to pre-compile the style sheet into a
StylesheetRoot.  I took the different invocations from
the xalan faq.

     Now i've tried calling StylesheetRoot.process
both (XSLTProcessor, XSLTInputSource, XSLTResultTarget)
and (XSLTInputSource, XSLTResultTarget) and both spit
back the following error:

Can not mix non Xerces-DOM input with Xerces-DOM output!

     I found it in XSLTErrorResources, but i can't find
anything that elaborates what the problem is.

     The prior formulation of calling
XSLTProcessor.process (XSLTInputSource src, XSLTInputSource
ssheet, XSLTResultTarget) works fine, if not optimally...

     any hints?

thanks
-mark

Re: problem converting to using StylesheetRoot

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
mmodrall@lycos-inc.com wrote:

> Hi...
>
>      i took a program that had been passing the
> style sheet into the processor every time and tried to
> convert it to pre-compile the style sheet into a
> StylesheetRoot.  I took the different invocations from
> the xalan faq.
>
>      Now i've tried calling StylesheetRoot.process
> both (XSLTProcessor, XSLTInputSource, XSLTResultTarget)
> and (XSLTInputSource, XSLTResultTarget) and both spit
> back the following error:
>
> Can not mix non Xerces-DOM input with Xerces-DOM output!
>
>      I found it in XSLTErrorResources, but i can't find
> anything that elaborates what the problem is.
>
>      The prior formulation of calling
> XSLTProcessor.process (XSLTInputSource src, XSLTInputSource
> ssheet, XSLTResultTarget) works fine, if not optimally...
>
>      any hints?
>
> thanks
> -mark

Mark --

This is probably due to your InputSource being a DOM Node.  Is this
correct?  If so, see

http://xml.apache.org/xalan/usagepatterns.html#dom-in

HTH,
Gary