Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jonathan Bishop <jb...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/30 00:59:52 UTC

using log4j to suppress messages

Hi,

I would like to suppress messages on the console like...

12/10/29 16:56:03 INFO mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles: Trying to load
hfile=hdfs...

So I added the following line to log4j.properties in my hadoop/conf dir...

.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles=WARN

and rebooted hbase and hadoop. But I still see the messages.

I also tried...

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles=WARN

but no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jon

Re: using log4j to suppress messages

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Since this is from HBase (better to ask on user@hbase.apache.org btw)
the right line would be:

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles=WARN

--
Harsh J

Re: using log4j to suppress messages

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com>.
This is hbase class, not hadoop so your setting should be:

log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles=WARN

Plus for consistency you probably want to update log4j.properties under hbase/conf
Of course if both are sourced it doe snot matter, but anyway.

Thanks.

________________________________

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: using log4j to suppress messages

Posted by Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>.
This looks like it should go in the log4j properties for hbase and not hadoop.

--
Arpit

Posted by Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>.