Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by "Katz, Henry (Equity Trading)" <He...@ml.com> on 2005/10/03 20:26:27 UTC

Jpetstore jsp exception

Hello,

I thought setting up the petstore would be no problem but alas, I am
receiving an exception:

2005-10-03 13:48:03 ApplicationDispatcher[/jpetstore] Servlet.service()
for servlet jsp threw exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception creating bean of class
com.ibatis.jpetstore.presentation.CatalogBean: {1}
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.initFormBean(FormTag.java:563)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:520)
        at
org.apache.jsp.account.SignonForm_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(SignonForm_
jsp.java:617)
        at
org.apache.jsp.account.SignonForm_jsp._jspService(SignonForm_jsp.java:13
1)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)

This occurs when I click on the sign-on at the top of the entry page.
I compiled this code without problems save for warnings about the enum
which were easily fixed by setting the source attribute to 1.4
as suggested. The war deployed without a problem to tomcat. My versions
are:

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28, jvm: 1.4.2_07-b05, under linux
2.4.21-32.0.1.Elsmp.

Is this a jvm incompatibility issue, ie. The jar's in the jpetstore were
compiled under 1.5 while the source was
under 1.4.2? I've researched the above error to determine its nature as
a common struts error but I assumed
the code would start up with a few minor changes to the
database.properties file and nothing else.

Thanks,
Henry Katz

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/