Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Newland <ch...@emorphia.com> on 2001/10/08 14:56:45 UTC

C2b2: Help needed configuring MRUMemoryStores

Hi all,

I'm having problems finding a sweet spot for the MRUMemoryStore
configurations in my cocoon.xconf.

I've tried various settings but currently I've set all 3 caches to the
following values:

     <parameter name="freememory" value="30000000"/>
     <parameter name="heapsize" value="150000000"/>
     <parameter name="cleanupthreadinterval" value="10"/>
     <parameter name="maxobjects" value="1000"/>
     <parameter name="usecleanupthread" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="threadpriority" value="5"/>
     <parameter name="filesystem" value="false"/>

and the JVM heaps to -Xms100000000 -Xmx200000000

This is a 2GB machine and I'm load testing with 15 hits per second to a
selection of small pages (few K each) that use XSP, ESQL (tiny DB), and
XSLT.

The machine stands up for about 5 minutes at this load until the memory
usage gets too close to the heap ceiling and then spends virtually all the
time doing GC. A few minutes later it gives up and returns out of memory
exceptions for each request.

I know this is one of those "how long is a piece of string?" questions but
does anybody else out there with 'big' machines have MRUMemoryStore
configuration experiences that they can share with me ?

Any advice is appreciated,

Best Regards,

Chris