Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Colin71 <c....@chello.nl> on 2007/05/19 14:21:50 UTC

Tomcat WebDAV Security

Hi,

I want to use tomcat/webdav as a simple file server.

The only restriction is that I want files with certain extensions to be read
only
and all other files read/write (i.e. files with suffix myext.xls to be read
only where filenames can be file1.myext.xls).

I have tried to do this by adjusting parameters in the webdav/web.xml file
but I can't figure out a way of doing the above.
I can do this if I have 2 user logins, where one is read/write and the other
is read only but not for a single user
(whereby I attempt to configure multiple security constraints or
url-patterns for a given user role).

My question is, is this possible using the webdav/web.xml file or do I need
to look into jaas realms or something else?

Thanks,

Colin

Re: Tomcat WebDAV Security

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Colin71 wrote:
> My question is, is this possible using the webdav/web.xml file or do I need
> to look into jaas realms or something else?

This should work but I haven't tested it:
 - set the readonly init-param for the webdav servlet to false
 - use security constraints to limit the methods permitted on
different files (see SRV.12.8 in the Servlet spec)

HTH,

Mark