Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Eric J. Pinnell" <er...@iCky.org> on 2003/06/25 16:31:41 UTC

high level architecture question.

Hi,

I have a simple question that I am hoping will clear up some confusion I
have around JK2.  I also thing that the JK2 stuff might also apply to
mod_jk.

Our setup:
2 Apache 2.0.46 boxes and 2 Tomcat 4.1.24 boxes connected with JK2.

Each Tomcat is running a single instance of the application.  My question
is with the workers.

I have two workers per apache.  One is pointed at tomcat1 and the other at
tomcat2.

My question is do I need more than two workers per box?

Can I point more than one worker at a tomcat running the connector on the
same port?  for example worker1=host1:8009 and worker2=host1:8009 on the
same apache.

Will this increase throuput or is the connector a persistant connection
and it wouldn't matter?

Would creating another Connector in server.xml on a different port work
achieve the same thing?  Again, would doing that really make any
difference?

I would appreciate any opinions.

Thanks,

-e