Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Amrit Sarkar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/01 06:14:39 UTC

"Negative Boost" removed from Solr 8.4

Hi fellow users,

I am not able to locate any JIRA for removal of "Using Negative Boost" in
Solr 8.4, nor any discussion around the same. I will be grateful if someone
points me to the right direction to any conversation around it such that we
understand the motivation and work around in our project.

Amrit Sarkar
Engineer | Search and Kubernetes
Twitter https://twitter.com/sarkaramrit2
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarkaramrit2
Medium: https://medium.com/@sarkaramrit2

Re: "Negative Boost" removed from Solr 8.4

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
The take away is that greater than zero and less than 1 values, such as
0.1, will down boost a document.

    Erik

Posted by Amrit Sarkar <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by govind nitk <go...@gmail.com>.
@Jan, @Sayanti

Posted by sayanti dey <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I think it may be related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7996

Posted by govind nitk <go...@gmail.com>.
Hello Amrit,

Can you mention how you are giving a negative boost?

I have a working example:
 category:"Sports"^-1