Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Philippe GIL <ph...@itris.fr> on 2003/08/26 14:38:44 UTC

How to change batik error handling UI by my SVGApplication error handling.

Bonjour,

I'm currently using batik 1.5 to display realtime animated SVGs and to
get user actions by clicking on some svg displayed elements.

I have a question for you.

How can I remove the batik ERROR handling (displayError) and replace it
by myself?

(ex SVG Error: Connection refused when trying to load a remote SVG file
provided by a special web server)

Thanks for your help.

Amicalement
Philippe

Re: How to change batik error handling UI by my SVGApplication error handling.

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Philippe GIL wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I'm currently using batik 1.5 to display realtime animated SVGs and to
> get user actions by clicking on some svg displayed elements.
>
> I have a question for you.
>
> How can I remove the batik ERROR handling (displayError) and replace it
> by myself?
>
> (ex SVG Error: Connection refused when trying to load a remote SVG file
> provided by a special web server)
>
> Thanks for your help.

   There are two major classes involved here:

	batik.bridge.UserAgent
	batik.swing.svg.SVGUserAgent

   Assuming you are using the JSVGCanvas you want to implement SVGUserAgent
and provide it to the JSVGCanvas when you construct it.  You can look at/subclass
the one in batik.apps.svgbrowser.JSVGViewerFrame.

   The bridge UserAgent used for transcoding purposes, there is a good Adapter
implementation in the bridge package.  In the JSVGCanvas essentially all bridge
UserAgent calls are forwarded to the SVGUserAgent associated with the canvas
(if there is one).