Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/07 11:39:26 UTC

Logout when using SAML SSO

Hi,

When I select "Logout" from the dropdown menu in guacamole-client I can see the message that says that I've successfully logged out and a buttonĀ  I can click on to re-login.

Whether I click on that button or go to my main Guacamole URL I am immediately redirected to the IdP and then immediately sent back to my Guacamole SP without even getting a chance to enter another user's credentials.
I'd have to close the browser to do that.

How can I force a logout so that the IdP asks for my credentials again without having to close the browser?

I think I might need to call something like /endpoint/logout?ReturnTo=, but I'm unsure as how and where to do this.

Regards,

Vieri Jerome

Re: Logout when using SAML SSO

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
On Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 02:27:50 PM GMT+2, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> Yes, SLO is not implemented in Guacamole at the moment - there are existing Jira issues out there to implement this in each of the SSO extensions, but this work has not been
> done.

OK, like this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-1266

There's a user-contributed hack here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-519 which modifies function logout() in https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/blob/master/guacamole/src/main/frontend/src/app/auth/service/authenticationService.js. I might fiddle with that a bit until there's a proper solution for SLO.

Thanks

Re: Logout when using SAML SSO

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 7:39 AM Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I select "Logout" from the dropdown menu in guacamole-client I can
> see the message that says that I've successfully logged out and a button  I
> can click on to re-login.
>
> Whether I click on that button or go to my main Guacamole URL I am
> immediately redirected to the IdP and then immediately sent back to my
> Guacamole SP without even getting a chance to enter another user's
> credentials.
> I'd have to close the browser to do that.
>
> How can I force a logout so that the IdP asks for my credentials again
> without having to close the browser?
>
> I think I might need to call something like /endpoint/logout?ReturnTo=,
> but I'm unsure as how and where to do this.

Yes, SLO is not implemented in Guacamole at the moment - there are existing
Jira issues out there to implement this in each of the SSO extensions, but
this work has not been done.

-Nick