Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Behrooz N <no...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/20 12:02:14 UTC

Documentations to develop a new API or provider?

Hello,

I am looking for a piece of documentation or example that helps to
implement a new API or provider with jClouds. As an example motivation,
let's say that I want to implement jClouds API in a local or mock
environment. How should I start with that?

Thanks in advance,
Behrooz

Re: Documentations to develop a new API or provider?

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> I am looking for a piece of documentation or example that helps to
> implement a new API or provider with jClouds. As an example motivation,
> let's say that I want to implement jClouds API in a local or mock
> environment. How should I start with that?

If you want to start with a simple "local mock", the BYON (Bring Your
Own Node) API might be a good place to look:

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/tree/master/apis/byon

If you're then looking to move to implementing a full provider, the
following two threads contain a lot of useful information:

http://apache.markmail.org/thread/ppvqsy6pjupffvlx
http://markmail.org/message/vadbxssyi2azddl5

Hope this helps!

ap