Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Gunjan Dave <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/30 05:01:47 UTC

NiFi reference to process group

Hi Team, does NiFi currently have ability to reference a process group
instead of making an actual connection.
This would simplify the visual aspects of complex flows.

Re: NiFi reference to process group

Posted by Gunjan Dave <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe. checked the feature proposal site and yes this is exactly what i
was infering to. I tried to put in comments there but seems like i dont
have requisite access, can that be provisioned both on confluence and jira.
I had another comms regarding a feature enhancement for which i wanted to
raise a jira.

Regarding my first thoughts around actual implementation, it would be good
to see how spring integration or mule implements it, something like a new
processor called "process-group-reference" with option dropdown to choose
from any of the available process groups. I know actual implementation
might be more complex, but i dont know the NIFI core at the moment to
comment on it.

Anyways, can the access be given?