Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Silva <ms...@authenex.com> on 2003/04/25 19:32:56 UTC

Tomcat IIS Authentication Problem

Greetings,

I have an intersting problem.  I need to use the IIS Web Server, but
authenticate through a Tomcat Application.  The Tomcat Application
does some interesting things, and would take too much time to port to
a Microsoft language (since it is in Servlets, JSPs).

So I am wondering if anybody has done this before?  I know how to
redirect to Tomcat using ISAPI filter extension (isapi_redirect.dll)
but I am not sure how to communicate between the two layers, so that
the ISAPI filter knows if the user has authenticated before (using
some session info passed from tomcat).  Is there a way for Tom cat to pass some sort of parameters to the Extension layers, when authentication has occured?

any ideas?

thanks,
mark