Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/07/04 19:34:25 UTC

Offence e-mails

All,

This is just a short note to let you know that recent sender of
offensive e-mails to this list has been unsubscribed from this list and
blocked from sending further messages to any ASF list.

I am pleased to say that the (entirely volunteer) moderators dealt with
this in less than 20 minutes.

Unsubscribing and blocking a user is an unusual action but one that
moderators of Apache lists can and will take when necessary.

This is probably a good time to remind every one of the code of conduct:

https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html

which includes contact details should anyone ever need assistance with a
code of conduct related issue.

Thanks, and apologies for the noise,

Mark

Re: Offence e-mails

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Thanks Mark and Moderators. Sth. like this is super annoying. Reacting that fast is highly appreciated.

All the best

Andy
--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

GPG public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x45D3565377F93D29

Re: Offence e-mails

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claude,

I think the standard drill is to choose a project after reading about it
and see where you would like to contribute and how you can use skills you
possess to contribute to that project. Once you choose a project, join
their mailing list and drop them a mail telling them that you're interested
in their project and would like to contribute. I guess, after that you'll
have plenty of guidance as to what to do and how.

Best Regards,
Aditya

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Claude Edney <claude.edney@yahoo.com.invalid

Re: Offence e-mails