Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by lahiru gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/06 05:19:39 UTC

Fortnight report (week 1-2)

hi Marnie and Aiden,

I'm writing the fortnight report in point form and I hope this will useful
everybody to go through it
easily.

1. Started coding for Gsoc in the first week and reused some of the code
I wrote when I'm experimenting the project.
2.Wrote some more code for reading command when we give commands with
arguments.(code to read options separately with option values)
(ex: ./qpid-admin -h localhost -p 3434)
3.Found a library to support for the GNU ReadLine and start developing the
CLI using that
library.
4.Since I used some previously written JMX code I was able to connect to the
remote broker
once user give appropriate commands.
5. Designed a class diagram to include new commands to interactive mode, and
implemented it and added two
basic commands to the command line.(but didn't implemented the logic for
those commands,when you type those
commands it will just print some text)I spent sometime
6.Created ant build for the CLI and committed code for the repository
created in google code project
according to the advice given by Aiden.(Thanks Aiden for the help)
7. Started writing some test cases.
8. Now Implementing the business logic of following commands.
        list
        info

I have some questions when i come to implementation of those commands and I
hope to write them in to the
thread we are discussing thing from the very beginning.

Any comments about the way I gave you my fortnight report ? Is this too
long/too short..?

And any thoughts about my work I have done during first two weeks.

Thanks
Lahiru

Re: Fortnight report (week 1-2)

Posted by lahiru gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
hi marnie,
I'm using a library to use GNU ReadLine which is having BSD License(Library
name:Jline-0.9.94.jar) and here's the SVN location of the source and you can
have a look.
https://lahirugsoc2008.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

AFAIK BSD License and Apache License are compatible.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Lahiru

--