Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Jeff Blattman <Je...@Sun.COM> on 2006/08/14 21:53:11 UTC

admin service + caching?

i am using the AAPP service to create a weblog. this works fine, and i
can access the weblog from the roller UI. however, when i do a get from
the AAPP service, the new weblog is not present. also, if i do a post to
the weblog from the APP service, it does not find the weblog. i have the
same issue when users are created from the AAPP endpoint.

should the AAPP service be doing something with CacheManager when a
weblog / user is created? when a resource is deleted or modified, it
does a CacheManager.invalidate() ... ?

thanks.

Re: admin service + caching?

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Jeff Blattman wrote:
> ugh. never mind. the real problem was that the APP service was changed
> to accept the application/atom+xml content type, or assume a resource
> upload. that was masked because my client code was cleaning up the
> weblog and user it just created when the error happened, as it was
> supposed to do.
>
> i don't understand why i could still access the newly created weblog
> after it was deleted, from the user interface. i am calling
> CacheManager.invalidate() and Roller.flush() in that case. is call order
> important? i'm doing removeWebsite(), then invalidate().
>
> sorry for the confusion.

no worries.  technically the call order isn't important, but you most
likely only want to call CacheManager.invalidate() once you are sure the
operation is complete, i.e. after calling Roller.flush().

-- Allen

Re: admin service + caching?

Posted by Jeff Blattman <Je...@Sun.COM>.

Re: admin service + caching?