Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Dany Dhondt <ar...@mac.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/05 10:14:46 UTC

Royale docs website integration

HI,

I’d like to propose a project to re-implement the docs.

The project would consist of two parts:

1. Build a Royale webpage that consists of a ‘doc page viewer’ to the left and a sticky toc content list on the right.
The content is pulled out from our docs repo on GitHub using this basic scheme [1]
The page would then be integrated into our WP site so the user doesn’t get pulled away from the main site.
The look and feel would be identical to the main site too.

2. Re-arrange and extend the doc pages into more encapsulated ’stories’. Every story has a distinct beginning and end and covers one major part of Royale’s workflow.
I don’t know what’s the best way to do this. I don’t want to mess up what exists so should I make a new folder inside the current repo to put the stories?
All stories should off course be agreed upon before they get published.

I will do this work in cooperation with Carlos.
Carlos and me would also be working on extending TourDeJewel

Thoughts?

Dany

[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BwAEnTFnGf5k-hjvp1XUSdBdO2viALd2

Re: Royale docs website integration

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I totally agree with Alex. Pages should be easy to create and edit in
Github and if we create a web view using a Royale app, this should be just
something we create a put on the web to pull the GitHub data on demand, so
people don't nee to know about that tool and they continue to work agains
GitHub since is the most easy.

A first place seems easy for what Dany exposed, I think we need to do it
progressively first loading GitHub content, then getting a sticky menu on
the right, then making that menu change content on the left. If we get at
that point with a good looking layout/css, that will be great. Then I think
we'll need to embed royale examples, that I think is done via iframe in
GitHub so we can talk about something and then show an example running.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Royale docs website integration