Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Paul L <ep...@outlook.com> on 2023/03/20 01:29:09 UTC

platform

Most of the new Apache stuff: Cassandra, Zookeeper, Kafka seem amazing and can be used on modern enterprises.

Older ones of Biz seem too dated.

That is my premise from pouring through it all

So, the issue for MOST open source people like me who want to work on Apache exclusively is we are not enterprise class but want to be.

In short, we are trying to do what we have never done and don't know how to do and if we can pay a gazillion computer people, they all recommend something different and NONE or few have ever built an enterprise class system

That said....doen't Apache see the usefulness of taking current great projects like zookeeper, kafka and cassandra and drawing a simple visual model and saying here is the model:

e commerce example: production administration side (I had hoped ofBiz but seems not)  e commerce....one line to product catalogs that are dumped in full one line to accounting like Quickbooks...that is production/operations and administration...line to crm....now sales can use catalogs to quote (also tying to quikcbooks)

A big point is the accounting database supplier database and customer database ideally or different by a little....

then now data....my sql non sql cassanda and then how does kakka integrate all that to inputs so no one has to sit and do it all

?

can anyone lay it out so we can be unleased and build it? I'd like to build an enterprise class shopping cart, and manage multiple catalogs including video all using apache open source but their is no person who can say ok this product this one that one or even draw it up

Paul.