Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Emeka <em...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/17 23:12:38 UTC

Help with Windows Installer

Hello All,

 I'm installing couchdb, however, should I install couchdb as windows
service?

Regards,
Emeka

Re: Help with Windows Installer

Posted by Ryan Zezeski <rz...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Emeka <em...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>  I'm installing couchdb, however, should I install couchdb as windows
> service?
>
> Regards,
> Emeka

I believe a windows service is meant for processes that you would like
Windows to help manage for you.  That is, automatic restarts and such.  If
you're just trying Couch out then it probably doesn't matter if it's a
service or not.  Although, I don't see how installing it as a service could
really hurt.

-Ryan