Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org> on 2004/01/26 07:29:08 UTC

[Fwd: Draft discussion of Federation proposal]

Peoples,

We need to provide our quaterly report to the board in Feb.  Less than
four weeks.  So it would be great to present something on this front.
(Particularly given we were supposed to report back at the Jan board
meeting just gone by - mea culpa :<.)

Jeremias has add some fixes into the referenced wiki page, and I'd like
to take this opportunity to solicit a final round of input - or people
vetoing this idea and providing others!

I have also added the XML Graphics project into the proposed list,
following on from Jeremias' input.  I do not believe the proposal is to
combine FOP and Batik projects, rather keep them together as a combined
unit.  This would require a PMC that was made up of members of both
projects to ensure adequate oversite (otherwise I think the same problem
would exist as currently exists in XML).

Thoughts?

If I get no violent objections I will start a vote on this during the week.

However - just to re-iterate - I'm not trying to drive this particular
approach.  It's just it's the only one I've managed to think of that
will fit the criteria.  If others can come up with ideas, please do so!!

Cheers,
	Berin