Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Gregoric, James" <Ja...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2014/05/21 20:42:17 UTC

OutOfMemoryError on Load AE

When I try Load AE, AggregatePlaintextProcessor.xml (i.e. the simple one, *not* the UMLS one) the following error is reported in the log file:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

According to Windows Task Manager, I have 12 GB memory total, of which 6 GB is free during cTAKES execution.
Any suggestions?

Jim Gregoric, Boston Children's Hospital

Re: OutOfMemoryError on Load AE

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Jim,
Per conv- increasing the max heap to 4gb will do the trick.
We should probably the startup scripts to default to 4gb to accommodate loading of new models Into Memory.

Sent from my iPhone