Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/06 10:27:37 UTC

Re: Variant of Store scenario up and running in Google App Engine !!!, was Re: Tuscany SCA HelloWorld application is up and running on Google App Engine!

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Really great news Raymond, it would be great if we could start
>> investigating this further to explore more complex scenarios on the
>> App Engine... I was thinking on getting the store sample in a first
>> stage, and then split the different components into different google
>> apps... maybe we would use different bindings from the original store
>> app as the web 2.0 bindings are not yet available in the 2.x code
>> base.
>>
>> BTW, I'm willing to help...
>

> A variant of the Store scenario is now deployed as a distributed
> application in Google App Engine. The scenario consist of a fruit
> catalog hosted as one appengine application (tuscany-store-catalog
> [1]) and the front end ui is hosted as another appengine application
> (tuscany-store [2]) that has a catalog aggregator used to aggregates
> multiple catalog references using the JSON-RPC binding. Note that we
> can easily add new new catalog references hosted either in another
> appengine applications or other could types.
>
> See this posting for a diagram:
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/2009/10/variant-of-store-scenario-up-and.html
>
> During this investigation I found couple issues, some related to the
> restrictions of the Google AppEngine platform. I'll start a new thread
> to see how we could make the Tuscany SCA runtime more flexible on
> these kind of platforms.

This is great and its good to sort out Tuscany running in Google App
Engine, but be careful, using multiple cooperating App Engine
applications is against the Google App Engine terms of service. I
doubt they'll mind if its just us playing but they may not like us
promoting this to the world as a thing to try.

   ...ant

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
IANAL either, and as there seems to be reasonable doubt I would ask Google.

The flexibility of Tuscany allows all of the composite to run in a
single place if required

>> (available in the Google cloud or different cloud types)
May we worth looking at the "different cloud types" in order to
demonstrate the distributed nature as required.

Regards

Simon

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:27 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is great and its good to sort out Tuscany running in Google App
>> Engine, but be careful, using multiple cooperating App Engine
>> applications is against the Google App Engine terms of service. I
>> doubt they'll mind if its just us playing but they may not like us
>> promoting this to the world as a thing to try.
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> Are you referring to item 4.4 :
>
> "4.4. You may not develop multiple Applications to simulate or act as
> a single Application or otherwise access the Service in a manner
> intended to avoid incurring fees."
>
> If so, we are definitely not trying to avoid incurring fees, but
> trying to demonstrate that users can use Tuscany/SCA to build
> applications that consume external services (available in the Google
> cloud or different cloud types) without having to worry with protocol
> specific code.

Hmm, well IANAL but whether or not the actual intention is to bypass
the quotas that will be the result when using Tuscany accross multiple
appengine applications so i don't think they'll like it. You could
always ask them i guess.

   ...ant

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--