Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2011/07/28 15:42:59 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hama 0.3-incubating Released!

Hi all,

The Hama team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Hama
0.3-incubating under the Apache Incubator.

Hama is a distributed computing framework based on BSP (Bulk
Synchronous Parallel)[1] computing techniques for massive scientific
computations.

This release includes:

    * Added LockBSPRunner
    * Added web UI for BSP cluster and job monitoring
    * Added more practical examples e.g., Shortest Path Problem[2], PageRank[3]
    * Performance has improved with BSPMessageBundle
    * Switched from Ant to Maven

You can be downloaded from the download page of Hama website[4].

Thanks to the Hama and Apache Incubating community for helping grow the project.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulk_synchronous_parallel
2. http://wiki.apache.org/hama/SSSP
3. http://wiki.apache.org/hama/PageRank
4. http://incubator.apache.org/hama/downloads.html

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hama 0.3-incubating Released!

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
I'll do it.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.