Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roberto Bouza <rb...@efcholdings.com> on 2002/12/06 23:32:54 UTC

SQLException: Cannot load JDBC

(Again - Happy End!!!!) SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

 Hello everybody...

 Finally, three days later... PostgreSQL 7.3 is working in a DBCP Tomcat 4.1.16
beta pool connection with Apache 2.0.43 interconnection.

 How... not so easy...

 1.) NOT USE for any reason the WebApp Connector... Why? I don't know - I don't
know if it is actually  maintained or not, but that was the problem (When
interconnecting with Apache).
 2.) I'm using PostgreSQL and I get the exception and a lot of people has the
same problem with MySQL. So I'm sure if you put the driver in commons/lib that
isn't the problem. Why? When I get the error, I made a simple connection with a
.java and I could connect easily using the driver already set in the commons/lib.
 3.) Use the JK2 Connector, that the MVP to connect Apache with tomcat and have
a good pool connection. Is more difficult to configure, but it works. ;)

 I hope, this help somebody with the same issue.

 Thanks to all.

--
=             Roberto Bouza Fraga               =