Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/24 04:30:13 UTC

Adding Tika to existing non-Spring Apache CXF web app

If I have an existing non-Spring Apache CXF wep application up and running and I want to add support for basic meta data extraction via Tika do I just need to register Meta/TikaResource alongside my existing resources:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/trunk/tika-server/src/main/java/org/apache/tika/server/

<!-- web.xml -->
<servlet>
 <servlet-name>MyApp</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.servlet.CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
  <param-name>jaxrs.serviceClasses</param-name>
  <param-value>
   org.apache.tika.server.MetadataResource
   org.apache.tika.server.TikaResource
   com.example.ExistingResources
  </param-value>
  </init-param>
</servlet>

Will there be conflicts with the CXF jars that ship with Tika if my application is stuck on CXF v2.5.x?

Re: Adding Tika to existing non-Spring Apache CXF web app

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013, Florin P wrote:

email from the *same* email address that you're subscribed with

So, for Tika's users list, that'd be
user-unsubscribe@tika.apache.org

That address is also given in the headers of every single email you
received from the list! It was also in the welcome email you would've got
when you subscribed...

Nick

Re: Adding Tika to existing non-Spring Apache CXF web app

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Florin,

the instructions from there. You should send the email from the address
you'd like to unsubscribe from the list.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Ron,