Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> on 2007/10/06 22:21:31 UTC

Site generation with modello fails

Hi folks,

for whatever reason my site generation for a plugin with modello
documentation fails. "install" works fine, so there is no general problem
with the definitions in the mdo, but site generation is borked:

======== %< ==========
joehni@paddy ~/src/BerliOS/JsUnit/maven2 $ mvn -X site
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
Maven version: 2.0.5
[DEBUG] Building Maven user-level plugin registry
from: '/home/joehni/.m2/plugin-registry.xml'
[DEBUG] Building Maven global-level plugin registry
from: '/usr/share/maven-bin-2.0/conf/plugin-registry.xml'
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[DEBUG] Searching for parent-POM:
de.berlios.jsunit:jsunit-parent::1.3-SNAPSHOT of project:
null:jsunit-maven2-plugin:maven-plugin:null in relative path: ../pom.xml
[DEBUG] Using parent-POM from the project hierarchy at: '../pom.xml' for
project: null:jsunit-maven2-plugin:maven-plugin:null
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building JsUnit Maven2 Plugin
[INFO]    task-segment: [site]
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[DEBUG] Configuring
mojo 'org.codehaus.modello:modello-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-11:xdoc' -->
[DEBUG]   (s) basedir = /home/joehni/src/BerliOS/JsUnit/maven2
[DEBUG]   (s) model = src/main/mdo/jsunit.mdo
[DEBUG]   (s) outputDirectory
= /home/joehni/src/BerliOS/JsUnit/maven2/target/generated-site/xdoc
[DEBUG]   (s) packageWithVersion = false
[DEBUG]   (s) project = org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject@e3c2e781
[DEBUG]   (s) version = 1.0.0
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [modello:xdoc {execution: jsunit-site}]
[INFO]
outputDirectory: /home/joehni/src/BerliOS/JsUnit/maven2/target/generated-site/xdoc
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] There aren't root elememt for version 1.0.0.
[DEBUG] Trace
org.codehaus.modello.ModelloRuntimeException: There aren't root elememt for
version 1.0.0.
        at org.codehaus.modello.model.Model.getRoot(Model.java:107)
        at
org.codehaus.modello.plugin.xdoc.XdocGenerator.generateXdoc(XdocGenerator.java:127)
        at
org.codehaus.modello.plugin.xdoc.XdocGenerator.generate(XdocGenerator.java:62)
        at
org.codehaus.modello.core.DefaultModelloCore.generate(DefaultModelloCore.java:277)
        at
org.codehaus.modello.maven.AbstractModelloGeneratorMojo.execute(AbstractModelloGeneratorMojo.java:165)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:420)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:330)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:123)
        at
        at
        at
        at
======== %< ==========

I've compared my mdo with others in the Maven source and I found no
difference. Here's the declaration in the POM:

======== %< ==========
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.modello</groupId>
                <artifactId>modello-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>jsunit</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>java</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <model>src/main/mdo/jsunit.mdo</model>
                            <version>1.0.0</version>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                    <execution>
                        <id>jsunit-site</id>
                        <phase>pre-site</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>xdoc</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <model>src/main/mdo/jsunit.mdo</model>
                            <version>1.0.0</version>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>
    <reporting>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-plugin-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.2</version>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </reporting>

======== %< ==========

Any clue, what causes this weird error? What root element it is looking for
(note the typo "elememt" in the error msg)?

- Jörg

Re: Site generation with modello fails

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,

Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> I looked at Modello code (and fixed the "elememt" typo :) )
>
> It seems you didn't define any class as root element, ie a class with
> rootElement="true": this root element is not necessary to generate
> classes, but it is used by xdoc generation to know which class to set at
> the top of the XML document.
>
> Do you confirm?

yes, I did not declare a rootElement ... it's only one class anyway ;-)
Thanks a lot, works fine now.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
I looked at Modello code (and fixed the "elememt" typo :) )

It seems you didn't define any class as root element, ie a class with
rootElement="true": this root element is not necessary to generate classes,
but it is used by xdoc generation to know which class to set at the top of
the XML document.

Do you confirm?

Hervé