Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Guillaume Jouanjan <gj...@sqli.com> on 2008/05/20 11:02:09 UTC

[Synapse-1.1.1] problems with XML request

Hello everybody,
I've got some problems with an incomming XML request into Synapse

Ive got the following SoapFault

<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
   <soapenv:Header>
      <wsa:Action>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/soap/fault</wsa:Action>
      <wsa:RelatesTo>urn:uuid:CBB155E05E701EC9341211273840315</wsa:RelatesTo>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode/>
         <faultstring>First Element must contain the local name, Envelope
, but found AgoraMessage</faultstring>
         <detail/>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

My request is :

    <Message>
      <serviceID>stockQuote</serviceID>
      <operation>getQuote</operation>
      <traitement>
        <ndpt>00</ndpt>
      </traitement>
      <data>
        <userID>http://agora</userID>
        <supplierID>http://gip</supplierID>
        <m0:request xmlns:m0="http://services.samples/xsd">
          <m0:symbol>IBM</m0:symbol>
        </m0:request>
      </data>
    </Message>

My endpont is configured like this :

<endpoint name="mock">
         <address
uri="http://localhost:8211/Multi-Mock-1.0/Service?C-IOPS-A"
format="pox">
            <suspendDurationOnFailure>30</suspendDurationOnFailure>
            <timeout>
                <duration>5</duration>
                <action>fault</action>
            </timeout>
        </address>
    </endpoint>

If I put in the Header of the request Content-Type=application/xml , all
works fine (i use SoapUI for tests)

Any idea for my problems ?

Thanks

Guillaume

Re: Clarification regarding Service Registry feature

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Hariharan
>
>> 2. Any GUI available in synapse to monitor and manage (activate,
>>> deactivate and undeploy) the services?
>>>

>> Synapse does not contain a admin console, but there is another open source
>> project named WSO2ESB [1] which is
>>
>> [1] - http://wso2.org/esb
>>

> The WSO2 ESB wraps the core synpase ESB engine with a graphical
> administration UI and a better registry implementation and some enhanced JMX
> management support. Its also fully open source under the same Apache v2.0
> license, and comes with commercial support

Thanks asankha, I had to refresh my browser after typing the message (am
using GMail) and it dropped part of the message which was exactly the same
as you commented

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Clarification regarding Service Registry feature

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Hariharan

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harihara,

Please see my comments in-line;

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Harihara Sudhan <
hariharasudhan@crimsonlogic.co.in> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am newbie to synapse. I have few queries like
>
> 1. How about Service Registry and Service Discovery feature in
> synapse?IS there any plug-in available to use Apache jUDDI with synapse.

Not to my knowledge. :-(

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: [Synapse-1.1.1] problems with XML request

Posted by Sylvain Legault <sy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you need to change your axis2 configuration to map to your content-type.
Update the axis2.xml in repository/conf/ to something like

<messageFormatters>

:::

<messageFormatter contentType="your xml content type"

class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ApplicationXMLFormatter"/>

</messageFormatters>

<messageBuilders>

:::

<messageBuilder contentType="your xml content type"

class="org.apache.axis2.builder.ApplicationXMLBuilder"/>

</messageBuilders>

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Correction on the JIRA url

http://issues.apache.org/jira

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by Wayne Keenan <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

After hitting send I immediately realised my error,  WADL isn't a UDDI
equivalent (it is to REST as WSDL is to SOAP),
so please ignore my mistake and just please consider LDAP as a
potetial candidate for a registry, if you think its really viable.

Regards
Wayne

Posted by Wayne Keenan <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
Paul,

Do you know whether there is a good JAXR provider for jUDDI and do you
think that the requirements could be satisfied by relying on the JAXR
API alone? Some time back I wrote a very simple JAXR registry plugin
for Synapse but this one was targeted at ebXML RR and only supported
entries into Synapse endpoint definitions.

Andreas

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I think what we need to capture for UDDI is:
* The UDDI server URL
* Optionally Uid/Pw for the UDDI server
* A cache timeout (how long to store the retrieved information before requerying
* The simple approach is to use a bindingKey to look up an endpoint
* The more complex approach is to seatch on a TModel. However, its not
clear what to do when you get back multiple results in this case.

Paul

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ruwan
>
> I believe what Eddie is proposing is to pull the endpoint definition
> from UDDI instead of from WSDL.
>
> So instead of
>
> <endpoint>
>  <wsdl...../>
> </endpoint>
>
> You would have
> <endpoint>
>   <uddi ....>
> </endpoint>
>
> This would look up the endpoint URL from UDDI. In fact there probably
> would be two options - one is simply to look up the URL in UDDI (using
> a UDDI endpoint definition) and the second is to pull a full WSDL from
> UDDI (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsdl/)
>
> Its been a while since I really studied UDDI, but I guess the main
> thing we should do is to define what the <uddi/> tag needs as input,
> and then once we have that clearly defined, we can code it and test
> against some implementations.
>
> Paul
>

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Eddie,
>>

>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> i want to integrate jUDDI and Synapse too.
>>> can i join?
>>> any proposed scope?
>>

>> For the moment there is no built-in integration with jUDDi, if you need this
>> feature, you may go ahead and file a JIRA for this.
>>
>> http://issues.apache.org/
>>
>> to me, it will be very useful if it can easily connect to jUDDI as one of
>>> the endpoint types
>>

>> What do you mean by endpoint type here, AFAIK jUDDI is a registry right?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ruwan
>>
>> Eddie Lau
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Ruwan Linton
>> http://wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"
>> http://ruwansblog.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
> Apache Synapse PMC Chair
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Clarification regarding Service Registry feature

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ruwan

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eddie,

Posted by Eddie Lau <ed...@octopus.com.hk>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Hari

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guillaume,

I share the point of Hiranya here. If you do not specify the content type it
will try to build the message as SOAP, and fails. The message will need to
carry the content type if it is coming over the HTTP transport.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Guillaume