Posted to bridges-dev@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2005/10/26 12:29:14 UTC

[vote] Portals-bridges 1.0 release

I like to propose a general portals-bridges release shooting for a first
week of December release date, just before or at the same time as the proposed
(and currently voted on) Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL.

Santiago Gala already send out a proposal for this on October 18th for this:
"PROPOSAL: Further build simplification for Jetspeed"
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-bridges-dev/200510.mbox/%3c1129649851.23748.4.camel@localhost%3e

I'd like to have a formal vote on this:
[  ] +1: yes, release before on at the same time as Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL
[  ]  0: I have no objections
[  ] -1: No, I have serious objections (please clarify)

I furthermore propose we skip the originally planned 0.4 version but go for a 1.0-FINAL baseline version.
After that have each subproject will continue on its own release cycle as described in the proposal of Santiago.

If you have no objections to the proposed release, please indicate which version we should use:
[  ] I want to see a 1.0-FINAL baseline release
[  ] I want to stick with the originally planned 0.4 release

Regards, Ate

Re: [vote] Portals-bridges 1.0 release

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> I like to propose a general portals-bridges release shooting for a first
> week of December release date, just before or at the same time as the
> proposed
> (and currently voted on) Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL.
>
> Santiago Gala already send out a proposal for this on October 18th for
> this:
> "PROPOSAL: Further build simplification for Jetspeed"
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-bridges-dev/200510.mbox/%3c1129649851.23748.4.camel@localhost%3e
>

> I'd like to have a formal vote on this:
  [ x ] +1: yes, release before on at the same time as Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL
> [  ]  0: I have no objections
> [  ] -1: No, I have serious objections (please clarify)
>
> I furthermore propose we skip the originally planned 0.4 version but go
> for a 1.0-FINAL baseline version.
> After that have each subproject will continue on its own release cycle
> as described in the proposal of Santiago.
>
> If you have no objections to the proposed release, please indicate which
> version we should use:
  [ x ] I want to see a 1.0-FINAL baseline release

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>.
El mié, 26-10-2005 a las 12:29 +0200, Ate Douma escribió:
> I like to propose a general portals-bridges release shooting for a first
> week of December release date, just before or at the same time as the proposed
> (and currently voted on) Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL.
>
> Santiago Gala already send out a proposal for this on October 18th for this:
> "PROPOSAL: Further build simplification for Jetspeed"
>    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-bridges-dev/200510.mbox/%3c1129649851.23748.4.camel@localhost%3e
>
> I'd like to have a formal vote on this:
> [  ] +1: yes, release before on at the same time as Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL
> [  ]  0: I have no objections
> [  ] -1: No, I have serious objections (please clarify)

[ X ] +1: yes, release before on at the same time as Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL
[   ]  0: I have no objections
[   ] -1: No, I have serious objections (please clarify)

... so that jetspeed can use this version of the jars in the 2.0
release.

> I furthermore propose we skip the originally planned 0.4 version but go for a 1.0-FINAL baseline version.
> After that have each subproject will continue on its own release cycle as described in the proposal of Santiago.
>
> If you have no objections to the proposed release, please indicate which version we should use:
> [  ] I want to see a 1.0-FINAL baseline release
> [  ] I want to stick with the originally planned 0.4 release

[ X ] I want to see a 1.0-FINAL baseline release
[   ] I want to stick with the originally planned 0.4 release

Regards
Santiago

> Regards, Ate

VP and Chair, Apache Portals (http://portals.apache.org)
Apache Software Foundation

Re: [vote] Portals-bridges 1.0 release

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> I like to propose a general portals-bridges release shooting for a first
> week of December release date, just before or at the same time as the
> proposed
> (and currently voted on) Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL.
>
> Santiago Gala already send out a proposal for this on October 18th for
> this:
> "PROPOSAL: Further build simplification for Jetspeed"
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-bridges-dev/200510.mbox/%3c1129649851.23748.4.camel@localhost%3e
>

> I'd like to have a formal vote on this:

[x] +1: yes, release before on at the same time as Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL

> [  ]  0: I have no objections
> [  ] -1: No, I have serious objections (please clarify)
>
> I furthermore propose we skip the originally planned 0.4 version but go
> for a 1.0-FINAL baseline version.
> After that have each subproject will continue on its own release cycle
> as described in the proposal of Santiago.
>
> If you have no objections to the proposed release, please indicate which
> version we should use:

[x] I want to see a 1.0-FINAL baseline release

> [  ] I want to stick with the originally planned 0.4 release
>
> Regards, Ate

I also would like to release portlet filter(PB-15) at the same time..

Regards,
  shinsuke

Re: [vote] Portals-bridges 1.0 release

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Ate Douma wrote:
> I like to propose a general portals-bridges release shooting for a first
> week of December release date, just before or at the same time as the
> proposed
> (and currently voted on) Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL.
>
> Santiago Gala already send out a proposal for this on October 18th for
> this:
> "PROPOSAL: Further build simplification for Jetspeed"
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-bridges-dev/200510.mbox/%3c1129649851.23748.4.camel@localhost%3e
>

> I'd like to have a formal vote on this:
> [  ] +1: yes, release before on at the same time as Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL
> [  ]  0: I have no objections
> [  ] -1: No, I have serious objections (please clarify)
>
> I furthermore propose we skip the originally planned 0.4 version but go
> for a 1.0-FINAL baseline version.
> After that have each subproject will continue on its own release cycle
> as described in the proposal of Santiago.
>
> If you have no objections to the proposed release, please indicate which
> version we should use:
> [  ] I want to see a 1.0-FINAL baseline release
> [  ] I want to stick with the originally planned 0.4 release
>
> Regards, Ate

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
[office] +01 707 773-4646
[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

Re: [vote] Portals-bridges 1.0 release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> I'd like to have a formal vote on this:
> [X] +1: yes, release before on at the same time as Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL
> [  ]  0: I have no objections
> [  ] -1: No, I have serious objections (please clarify)
>
> I furthermore propose we skip the originally planned 0.4 version but go for a 1.0-FINAL baseline version.
> After that have each subproject will continue on its own release cycle as described in the proposal of Santiago.
>
> If you have no objections to the proposed release, please indicate which version we should use:
> [X] I want to see a 1.0-FINAL baseline release
> [  ] I want to stick with the originally planned 0.4 release

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [vote] Portals-bridges 1.0 release

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.
As a Pluto commiter, I believe I have a vote here, which is indicated
below.
/Craig

Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote on 10/26/2005 06:29:14 AM:

> I like to propose a general portals-bridges release shooting for a first
> week of December release date, just before or at the same time as the
proposed
> (and currently voted on) Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL.
>
> Santiago Gala already send out a proposal for this on October 18th for
this:
> "PROPOSAL: Further build simplification for Jetspeed"
>    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-bridges-
> dev/200510.mbox/%3c1129649851.23748.4.camel@localhost%3e
>
> I'd like to have a formal vote on this:
> [+1 ] +1: yes, release before on at the same time as Jetspeed-2.0-FINAL

I'd rather like to see it released before Jetspeed 2 since it is an
independant project.
This will help supress perceptions that it is a Jetspeed-only
distribution.