Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2005/03/25 10:39:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release Transcoders

Batik is currently preparing for a release (be that 1.5.1 or 1.6).
Former Batik releases simply contained a fop-transcoder.jar without
having been released properly. That's why I'm now calling for a formal
vote for a release of our transcoders. The only thing we do is tag CVS
HEAD, we don't publish the code ourselves. That also means that we're
not talking about releasing the whole codebase here, only the
transcoders plus their dependencies in our codebase (PDF lib, PS support
code, fonts and images). When the vote passes this tag must be used by
the Batik team to create their release. This should ensure that the
Batik release contains only clean code (meaning without known IP issues
and other showstoppers).

This will be the last Batik release before we reorganize our two codebases
to create the XML Graphics Commons area.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE] Release Transcoders

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mar 25, 2005, at 1:39 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Batik is currently preparing for a release (be that 1.5.1 or 1.6).
> Former Batik releases simply contained a fop-transcoder.jar without
> having been released properly. That's why I'm now calling for a formal
> vote for a release of our transcoders. The only thing we do is tag CVS
> HEAD, we don't publish the code ourselves. That also means that we're
> not talking about releasing the whole codebase here, only the
> transcoders plus their dependencies in our codebase (PDF lib, PS
> support
> code, fonts and images). When the vote passes this tag must be used by
> the Batik team to create their release. This should ensure that the
> Batik release contains only clean code (meaning without known IP issues
> and other showstoppers).
>
> This will be the last Batik release before we reorganize our two
> codebases
> to create the XML Graphics Commons area.
>

> Jeremias Maerki

Web Maestro Clay
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: [VOTE] Release Transcoders

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.
+1 from me.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl

Re: [VOTE] Release Transcoders

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Batik is currently preparing for a release (be that 1.5.1 or 1.6).
> Former Batik releases simply contained a fop-transcoder.jar without
> having been released properly. That's why I'm now calling for a formal
> vote for a release of our transcoders. The only thing we do is tag CVS
> HEAD, we don't publish the code ourselves. That also means that we're
> not talking about releasing the whole codebase here, only the
> transcoders plus their dependencies in our codebase (PDF lib, PS support
> code, fonts and images). When the vote passes this tag must be used by
> the Batik team to create their release. This should ensure that the
> Batik release contains only clean code (meaning without known IP issues
> and other showstoppers).

+1 from me

J.Pietschmann

Re: [VOTE:RESULTS] Release Transcoders