Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Radwen ANIBA <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/05 11:33:29 UTC

Webservices

Any Idea ?

>Hi !

>I followed some tutorials on the net about using webservices with UIMA, from
>Vinci to UIMA AS, but all deals with making a webservice from a single
>simple analysis engine, my question is when we have a full application made
>using uima, is it possible to generate a webservice for the whole
>application, and if yes does this works the same way as single analysis
>engines ?

>If somebody have support documents or links that would be very much
>appreciated

>Very best regards

>Radwen

Radwen

Re: Webservices

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Look in: UIMA Tutorial and Developers' Guides

Section 2.3. Running a CPE from Your Own Java Application

Let me know if you need further clarification. As previously mentioned
the CPE can be embedded in your application. You can create an instance
of it in your own application using CPM's API. You can initialize it from a
static descriptor or you can create the descriptor at runtime using
available
API. The programmatic approach is documented in

3.3.2. Configuring a Collection Processing Engine
Descriptor Programmatically

of the UIMA Tutorial and Developer's Guide

Hope that this helps.

Jerry

Re: Webservices

Posted by Radwen ANIBA <ar...@gmail.com>.