Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 14:07:39 UTC

Pootle update

Hi everyone,
I've been reviewing PT UI translations in Pootle and this came up:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1r0ofdd2s1oax6/Pootle_unknown_error.png
Can anyone tell me what it means?
Also, someone, previously, translated the application's names so I get,
instead of 'Writer', 'Documento de texto' or 'Calc' to 'Folha de
cálculo', all this in the opening menu:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/udypp2d4ca8arak/opening_menu.png
I´ve search the source text for Writer, Calc and Draw so far and nothing
came up untranslated:
What is the .po file where this can be changed? Or where if not in Pootle?
Is genlang ready for use?
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Pootle update

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 03/10/2013 14:25, janI escreveu:
> On 3 October 2013 14:07, Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> I've been reviewing PT UI translations in Pootle and this came up:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/**j1r0ofdd2s1oax6/Pootle_**unknown_error.png<https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1r0ofdd2s1oax6/Pootle_unknown_error.png>
>>
> it is a database error, that does not seem to have any effect, it should be
> fixed in the next version of pootle.
>

>> Can anyone tell me what it means?
>>
> it means "unknown" as it says, its an error that pootle does not handle,
> primarely because it happens outside pootle. I found it because I have
> access to the log files.
>

>> Also, someone, previously, translated the application's names so I get,
>> instead of 'Writer', 'Documento de texto' or 'Calc' to 'Folha de cálculo',
>> all this in the opening menu:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/**udypp2d4ca8arak/opening_menu.**png<https://www.dropbox.com/s/udypp2d4ca8arak/opening_menu.png>
>> I´ve search the source text for Writer, Calc and Draw so far and nothing
>> came up untranslated:
>> What is the .po file where this can be changed? Or where if not in Pootle?
>>
> It is somewhere in a .po file, but I cannot tell you where e.g. "Calc" is
> translated about 20 times.
>

>> Is genlang ready for use?
>>
> no.
>
> rgds
> jan I.
Thank you. I'll keep looking.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Pootle update

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 3 October 2013 14:07, Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I've been reviewing PT UI translations in Pootle and this came up:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/**j1r0ofdd2s1oax6/Pootle_**unknown_error.png<https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1r0ofdd2s1oax6/Pootle_unknown_error.png>

it is a database error, that does not seem to have any effect, it should be
fixed in the next version of pootle.

> Can anyone tell me what it means?

it means "unknown" as it says, its an error that pootle does not handle,
primarely because it happens outside pootle. I found it because I have
access to the log files.

> Also, someone, previously, translated the application's names so I get,
> instead of 'Writer', 'Documento de texto' or 'Calc' to 'Folha de cálculo',
> all this in the opening menu:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/**udypp2d4ca8arak/opening_menu.**png<https://www.dropbox.com/s/udypp2d4ca8arak/opening_menu.png>
> I´ve search the source text for Writer, Calc and Draw so far and nothing
> came up untranslated:
> What is the .po file where this can be changed? Or where if not in Pootle?

It is somewhere in a .po file, but I cannot tell you where e.g. "Calc" is
translated about 20 times.

> Is genlang ready for use?

no.

rgds
jan I.

Re: Pootle update

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
I have noticed a similar discrepancy in the Lithuanian translation: we
actually do translate all the application names, except for
"OpenOffice," into Lithuanian. After installing OpenOffice 4.0.1 I
noticed that the shortcut names in the start menu are still in English
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/l37ouky1axdvlta/131003-01%20printscreen.png>.

Instead, they should be:

    OpenOffice
    OpenOffice duomenynų rengyklė
    OpenOffice skaičiuoklė
    OpenOffice braižyklė
    OpenOffice skaidynų rengyklė
    OpenOffice sprendyklė
    OpenOffice rašyklė

I am pretty positive I translated all the related strings in the PO
files. I also checked the Lithuanian translation in Pootle to see
whether there are any occurences of, say, "OpenOffice Base." Didn't find
any.

Could it be the case that some of the UI language had actually not been
included in the PO files?

Aivaras