Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Detelin Yordanov <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/08 14:34:31 UTC

Policy management in Axis2 not thread-safe?

Hi guys,
  We are going to use Axis2's policy management features to allow users to
dynamically remove/attach/modify policies for a given service.
However, we noticed that the policy management API (PolicySubject class) is
not synchronized. This could lead to exceptions if users are
attaching/removing policy components at let's say binding subject, and in
the same time a service invokation is building the effective policy by
iterating over the policy components.
So my question is whether you intend to add synchronization to the
PolicySubject at some point for the 1.5 release?
I'm also interested to know how is this handled in the WSO2 WSAS?

Regards,
   Detelin