Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Antonio Fornié <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 13:18:06 UTC

Re: Trying to set up a MDB

Any help? If nobody can help for my specific problem, at least can anybody
help me setting up this basic sample (I think it's the easier one in the
docs):
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/jms-mdb-jms-and-mdb-sample-application.html

Did anybody get it running only following the tutorial? Isn't there anything
missing? I tried to follow the tutorial setp by step several times but it
was never working.

Otherwise, can anybody recommend me another tutorial or another way to have
JMS and an MDB running easier than this one?

Thank you very much!

Antonio

Re: Trying to set up a MDB

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi, two issues I noticed in your application:

1)  you need to use geronimo-applicaiton.xml for your ear to be deployed on
Geronimo successfully, which shall be put in the same directory with
application-xml
2)  jms resource should have a module name in the form of
groupId/artifactId/version/type

The plans for your reference:

geronimo-application.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0">
    <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.samples</groupId>
            <artifactId>jms-mdb-ear</artifactId>
            <version>2.1.4</version>
            <type>car</type>
        </moduleId>
    </environment>
    <module>
       <connector>geronimo-activemq-ra-2.1.4.rar</connector>
       <alt-dd>jms-resources.xml</alt-dd>
    </module>
</application>

jms-resources.xml (this file should be placed under root instead of
/root/META-INF)

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
            <dep:environment xmlns:dep="
http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
                <dep:moduleId>
                    <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.samples</dep:groupId>
                    <dep:artifactId>jms-resources</dep:artifactId>
                    <dep:version>2.1.4</dep:version>
                    <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
                </dep:moduleId>
                <dep:dependencies>
                    <dep:dependency>

<dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
                        <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
                        <dep:type>car</dep:type>
                    </dep:dependency>
                </dep:dependencies>
            </dep:environment>
            <resourceadapter>
                <resourceadapter-instance>

<resourceadapter-name>jms-resources</resourceadapter-name>
                    <nam:workmanager xmlns:nam="
http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2">
                        <nam:gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</nam:gbean-link>
                    </nam:workmanager>
                </resourceadapter-instance>
                <outbound-resourceadapter>
                    <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
                        <connectiondefinition-instance>
                            <name>OrderConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
                            <connectionmanager>
                                <xa-transaction>
                                    <transaction-caching/>
                                </xa-transaction>
                                <single-pool>
                                    <match-one/>
                                </single-pool>
                            </connectionmanager>
                        </connectiondefinition-instance>
                    </connection-definition>
                </outbound-resourceadapter>
            </resourceadapter>
            <adminobject>

<adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>
                <adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>OrderQueue</message-destination-name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">OrderQueue</config-property-setting>
                </adminobject-instance>
            </adminobject>
            <adminobject>

<adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Topic</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic</adminobject-class>
            </adminobject>
 </connector>

Furthermore, you may check out this URL to find out the exact plans for
jms-mdb sample application.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/samples/jms-mdb/

Any questions, please let us know.

Jeff C

Re: Trying to set up a MDB

Posted by Ellen Tang <lt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonio,

I looked the G doc and downloaded the file "jms-mdb-ear-2.1.2.ear" from
maven repository as you did, and got the same problem as you. However, I
have found the solution and made the sample work.

First, the structure of the file "jms-mdb-ear-2.1.2.ear" that worked for me
is as below:

|-jms-mdb-ear-{version}.ear
   |- META-INF
       |- application.xml
       |- geronimo-application.xml
   |- geronimo-activemq-ra-{geronimoVersion}.rar
       |- activemq-core-{version}.jar
       |- activemq-ra-{version}.jar
       |- META -INF
           |- ra.xml
   |- jms-mdb-ejb-{version}.jar
       |- classes
       |- META -INF
           |- openejb-jar.xml
   |- jms-mdb-war-{version}.war
       |- index.jsp
       |- error.jsp
       |- WEB-INF
           |- web.xml
           |- classes
   |- jms-resources.xml

All the .xml files mentioned above are needed. For the correct contents of
"geronimo-application.xml", "openejb-jar.xml", "web.xml", and
"jms-resources.xml", please download the sample applications from
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/wasce/?S_TACT=105AGX01&S_CMP=LPand
refer to the corresponding .xml files in the "jms-mdb" sample
application. I added the .xml files in the sample application directly to my
"jms-mdb-ear-2.1.2.ear" file and it worked for me.

When you compress all the files with the correct contents in the struture
mention above, it should work for you. If there is still problems, please
let us know.

About the Geronimo document of the jms-mdb sample, we will revise it
accordingly. Thank you!

Ellen

Re: Trying to set up a MDB

Re: Trying to set up a MDB

Re: Trying to set up a MDB

Re: Trying to set up a MDB

Posted by frapien <fr...@gmx.de>.
I've tested the WebSphere Community Edition Sample Applications downloaded
from
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/wasce/?S_TACT=105AGX01&S_CMP=LP
and works with Geronimo 2.1.4