Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/03 15:50:15 UTC

Transactions

I'm looking for info on making a route transactional, but i'm using
guice, not spring.

I can't seem to find anything that doesn't look like it requires spring

Any pointers?

Do I need to set up a spring transaction manager?

Larry

Re: Transactions

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So if you can hook into Spring transaction then you should be all good.

I think that's what we're going to have to do, thanks for the clarification.

Larry

PS: I bought the book, too. ;-)

Re: Transactions

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah the Camel transactional support uses Spring Transaction.
>> So you need to setup such one.
>>
>> What transaction manager are you using?
>
> Thanks Claus - I'm not yet, this is a brand new project and I'm pretty
> new to camel as well.
>
> I will be using both JMS and JDBC (via mybatis) on this project. Is
> there a transaction manger interface I can implement an plug-in
> somehow?
>
> Any and all advice is appreciated. :)

The transaction integration logic is in camel-spring in the
TransactionErrorHandler.
And its using the Spring transaction template to execute the work
inside a transaction.

So if you can hook into Spring transaction then you should be all good.

That said. We may want in the future to support non spring as well.
But I wonder if there is other projects that have done that. And what
kind of API they are using?

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: Transactions