Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by mohammed elsaeedy <mo...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2012/03/02 14:46:00 UTC

building error (maven-pdf-plugin:1.1:pdf ) !

Dear Mailing list,

   I've been trying to simply build the hadoop source code on my Macbook
Pro. I tried following the tutorial mentioned
here<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment>.
I grabbed the source code from github, and then I try  to run maven:

mvn install -DskipTests

mvn clean package -DskipTests -Pdist -Dtar -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true

but I always get the following error:

*[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*[INFO] Total time: 14:48.283s*
*[INFO] Finished at: Fri Mar 02 13:29:20 EET 2012*
*[INFO] Final Memory: 68M/123M*
*[INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-pdf-plugin:1.1:pdf (pdf) on project
hadoop-distcp: Error during document generation: Error parsing
/Users/SaSa/Desktop/Hadoop/src/hadoop-common/hadoop-tools/hadoop-distcp/target/pdf/site.tmp/xdoc/index.xml:
Error validating the model: Fatal error:*
*[ERROR] Public ID: null*
*[ERROR] System ID: http://maven.apache.org/xsd/xdoc-2.0.xsd*
*[ERROR] Line number: 2699*
*[ERROR] Column number: 5*
*[ERROR] Message: The element type "xs:element" must be terminated by the
matching end-tag "</xs:element>".*
*[ERROR] -> [Help 1]*
*[ERROR] *
*[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e switch.*
*[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.*
*[ERROR] *
*[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
please read the following articles:*
*[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException*
*[ERROR] *
*[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
command*
*[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :hadoop-distcp*

I googled for a similar problem, all I got was some people cleared the m2
and ivy2 cahce, and rerun the command. But unfortunately didn't work for
me. I've been stuck here, I really hope anyone can help me with this issue.

Thank you all.
Regards,
SaSa

--
Mohammed El Sayed
Computer Science Department

Re: How to change the scheduler

Posted by Ranjan Banerjee <rb...@wisc.edu>.
Hello Merto,
     I wish to implement SBF(Stretch Based Fairness), hence I guess the place to look will be dynamic changing of slaves.
Regards,
Ranjan

Posted by Merto Mertek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ranjan Banerjee <rb...@wisc.edu>.