Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by srmore <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/05 23:04:17 UTC

Cassandra optimizations for multi-core machines

Hello All,
We are thinking of going with Cassandra on a 8 core machine, are there any
optimizations that can help us here ?

I have seen that during startup stage Cassandra uses only one core, is
there a way we can speed up the startup process ?

Thanks !

Re: Cassandra optimizations for multi-core machines

Posted by horschi <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Cassandra is heavily multithreaded. If the load demands it will make use of
your 8 cores.

I dont know the startup code, but I would assume it would be parallelized
if neccessary/possible. Afaik there were optimizations already made to
reduce the startup time. Therefore I would assume any optimizations left
would not be so easy.

cheers,
Christian Spriegel