Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Wen Lin <wl...@pivotal.io> on 2015/11/30 04:09:46 UTC

license headers for hawq

Hi, HAWQ Mentors,

I have added license headers to apache-hawq, here is the rules I follow.
1. will not add license headers to source files from or modified from
Postgres.
2. will not add license headers 3rd-party tools/libraries, like
contrib/orafce, pgcrypto, pljava, etc.
3. add  license headers to files from greenplum, or created by hawq(use
apache-rat to add license header for source files).

Summary
-------
Generated at: 2015-11-30T10:40:35+08:00
Notes: 79
Binaries: 796
Archives: 20
Standards: 5870

Apache Licensed: 1366
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
Generated files do not required license headers

4488 Unknown Licenses

*******************************

Please help me verify it.
Thanks,

Re: license headers for hawq

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Wen,

is this the last commit we need for all license issues.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/commit/59264a537b6e000a416e60c3392720b92a6ebcfd
What about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-186 ?

Thanks
-Goden

Re: license headers for hawq

Posted by Wen Lin <wl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi, Roman,

Re: license headers for hawq

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: license headers for hawq

Posted by Wen Lin <wl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi, Caleb,
[...]

Thanks!

Re: license headers for hawq

Posted by Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io>.

Re: license headers for hawq

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: license headers for hawq

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Wen Lin <wl...@pivotal.io> wrote:

> Hi, HAWQ Mentors,
>
> I have added license headers to apache-hawq, here is the rules I follow.
> 1. will not add license headers to source files from or modified from
> Postgres.

2. will not add license headers 3rd-party tools/libraries, like
> contrib/orafce, pgcrypto, pljava, etc.
> 3. add  license headers to files from greenplum, or created by hawq(use
> apache-rat to add license header for source files).

All of the files that are not straight unmodified copies from the third
party libraries need to get Apache headers and no non-Apache licenses or
copyright notices. They should all be moved to either the LICENSE or NOTICE
file.

Can I ask what the binary files are? It is hard to include binary files in
Apache releases, because they are hard to inspect or validate.

.. Owen

Re: license headers for hawq

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
I suggest that at the very minimum the list of exceptions
to RAT gets checked into the workspace (with exceptions
clearly documented: e.g.:
    https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/pom.xml#L297
)

If you could also integrate RAT execution into the build
that would be super-awesome. IOW, so I can just do:
   $ make rat
or something similar.

Thanks,
Roman.