Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2017/10/12 14:33:44 UTC

Monitoring job w/LocalStreamEnvironment

Hi all,

With an iteration-based workflow, it’s helpful to be able to monitor the job counters and explicitly terminate when the test has completed.

I didn’t see support for async job creation, though.

So I extended LocalStreamEnvironment to add an executeAsync(), which returns the LocalFlinkMiniCluster.submitJobDetached() result.

But it appears like I need to have a ClusterClient in order to actually monitor this job.

And ClusterClient is bound in with a lot of CLI code, so I’m hesitant to try to extract what I need.

Is there an easier/recommended approach to the above?

Thanks!

— Ken

http://about.me/kkrugler
+1 530-210-6378

Re: Monitoring job w/LocalStreamEnvironment

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

Regarding metrics please check the "Writing an Integration test for flink-metrics” recent mailing list question. You can either use JMXReporter or write some custom reporter for this purpose.

Piotrek

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,