Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/08 19:47:09 UTC

Instant page loads js

http://instantclick.io/

Might be interesting?

Though what would happen with a delete link?

Martijn

Re: Instant page loads js

Posted by Martin Geisse <ma...@googlemail.com>.
To be pedantic, there shouldn't be such a thing as a delete link, but a
(POST) form that deletes something, even if the submit button looks like a
link via CSS. That said, I think Wicket has much less of a latency problem
than most other frameworks, and by blindly pre-loading stuff you likely
trade latency problems for throughput problems, so I'd hesitate to include
such a script.

Greetings,
Martin

Re: Instant page loads js

Posted by Michael Mosmann <mi...@mosmann.de>.
Am 08.02.14 19:47, schrieb Martijn Dashorst:
> http://instantclick.io/
>
> Might be interesting?
It differ slightly from this

https://developers.google.com/chrome/whitepapers/prerender

But I can imagine some unwanted side effects, because many users are
"watching with the mouse" so your browser can "preload" many pages
without using them at all.

> Though what would happen with a delete link?
SDD - surprise driven development .. "successful deleted your account"
.. WHAT? :) :)

mm:)

Re: Instant page loads js

Posted by Rob Audenaerde <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
> wrote:

> http://instantclick.io/
>
> Might be interesting?

It sounds interesting, but also feels a bit like solving the 'wrong'
problem. We should aim to make pages load faster and focus on speed and
efficiency instead of 'hiding' these problems behind prerendering.

For the project I work on I have made some components that reduces the
amount of javascript code that is generated (for example an AjaxLink on
each tablecell); maybe we could introduce some kind of wicket-performance
module? It sacrifices ease of reuse, as components need to be used
together; but also creates a lot smaller pages (and thus faster loading,
etc).

> Though what would happen with a delete link?

If you would go about and implement this, I would make sure I have two
types of Links in Wicket, and make sure delete links do not get prerendered
:)