Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2005/07/09 07:52:32 UTC

mass-check --mid for rescoring?

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RescoreDetails says the mass-check
command should be

>   nohup ./mass-check --bayes --net -j 4 --restart=400 --learn=35 --reuse \
>        --after=1072933200 <targets>

There's no --mid parameter specified.

In my personal mass-checks I always use --mid, to simplify finding
questionable / erroneously stored messages, so I can clean my corpus
easily. This is much more difficult if the mid is not included in the
mass-check logs.

If I were to add --mid to my pre4 mass-check (if there is one), would
this cause problems on the perceptron end?

Bob Menschel

Re: mass-check --mid for rescoring?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:52:32PM -0700, Robert Menschel wrote:
> In my personal mass-checks I always use --mid, to simplify finding
> questionable / erroneously stored messages, so I can clean my corpus
> easily. This is much more difficult if the mid is not included in the
> mass-check logs.

If you like it, go for it. :)

> If I were to add --mid to my pre4 mass-check (if there is one), would
> this cause problems on the perceptron end?

Not that I know of.  The perceptron cares about the rule hit section, the rest
is ignored, as far as I know.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Look ere ye leap.