Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Michael Rooney <ro...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/25 19:29:58 UTC

Colour Printing

Good afternoon:

I have an issue that I hope you can help me with. It is as follows:

1) I am operating on *Windows 10*. I only use *Open Office 4.1.5*. My
computer is a home computer (Lenovo). I do not have MS Office and have for
several years happily used only Open Office for all my document preparation
needs.

2) When I *receive* colour documents I am able to print them in colour. I
am also able to print pictures in colour.

3) However, when I attempt to print* colour *documents that *I create
*utilizing
Open Office 4.1.5 they will only print in black and white even though I
instruct the printer to print the document in colour.

My printer is  *EPSON ET-2720* (Driver type: Type 3 - User Mode; Driver
version: 2.60.1.0) . I contacted Epson technical support and after running
a series of tests they advised me that the problem does not rest with my
Epson printer but must be a glitch in the Open Office programme and
suggested that I contact Open Office to have it resolved. Hence, I am
writing to you.

I am not very computer savvy and so I hope that you can help me to resolve
this issue as I am at a total loss. Many thanks.

Warm regards,

Michael

Re: Colour Printing

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
Copied to the original questioner as they are not subscribed to the list

On 26/2/21 6:33 am, F Campos Costero wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> This isn't the best place to get user support but I will make an attempt to
> help. Select the menu Tools -> Options. On the left of the dialog that
> opens, expand the OpenOffice list by clicking the + sign (The list may
> already be expanded when the dialog opens). Select Print from the list. Is
> Convert Colors to Grayscale selected? If so, deselect it.
>
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 12:58 PM Michael Rooney <ro...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Good afternoon:
>>
>> I have an issue that I hope you can help me with. It is as follows:
>>
>> 1) I am operating on *Windows 10*. I only use *Open Office 4.1.5*. My
>> computer is a home computer (Lenovo). I do not have MS Office and have for
>> several years happily used only Open Office for all my document preparation
>> needs.
>>
>> 2) When I *receive* colour documents I am able to print them in colour. I
>> am also able to print pictures in colour.
>>
>> 3) However, when I attempt to print* colour *documents that *I create
>> *utilizing
>> Open Office 4.1.5 they will only print in black and white even though I
>> instruct the printer to print the document in colour.
>>
>> My printer is  *EPSON ET-2720* (Driver type: Type 3 - User Mode; Driver
>> version: 2.60.1.0) . I contacted Epson technical support and after running
>> a series of tests they advised me that the problem does not rest with my
>> Epson printer but must be a glitch in the Open Office programme and
>> suggested that I contact Open Office to have it resolved. Hence, I am
>> writing to you.
>>
>> I am not very computer savvy and so I hope that you can help me to resolve
>> this issue as I am at a total loss. Many thanks.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Michael

Cheers
--
David Robley

A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1

Re: Colour Printing

Posted by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Re: Colour Printing