Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Morten Lied Johansen <mo...@ifi.uio.no> on 2011/11/22 14:40:45 UTC

Stats per group with StatsComponent?

Hi

We need to get minimum and maximum values for a field, within a group in
a grouped search-result. Is this possible today, perhaps by using
StatsComponent some way?

I'll flesh out the example a little, to make the question clearer.

We have a number of documents, indexed with a price, date and a hotel.
For each hotel, there are a number of documents, each representing a
price/date combination. We then group our search result on hotel.

We want to show the minimum and maximum price for each hotel.

A little googling leads us to look at StatsComponent, as what it does
would be what we need, if it could be done for each group. There was a
thread on this list in August, "Grouping and performing statistics per
group" that seemed to go into this a bit, but didn't find a solution.

Is this possible in Solr 3.4, either with StatsComponent, or some other way?

--
Morten
We all live in a yellow subroutine.