Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Cohen, Mark - IS&T" <Ma...@mtvn.com> on 2009/01/27 23:55:46 UTC

Tools for Managing Synonyms, Elevate, etc.

I'm considering building some tools for our internal non-technical staff
to write to synonyms.txt, elevate.xml, spellings.txt, and protwords.txt
so software developers don't have to maintain them.  Before my team
starts building these tools, has anyone done this before?  If so, are
these tools available as open source?

Thanks,
Mark Cohen

Re: Tools for Managing Synonyms, Elevate, etc.

Posted by Vicky_Dev <vi...@yahoo.co.in>.
Mark,

Use GUI (may be custom build one) to read files which are present on Solr
server. These files can be read using webservice/RMI call.

Do all manipulation on synonyms.txt contents and then call webservice/RMI
call to save that information. After saving information , just call RELOAD.

Check
::http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#head-3f125034c6a64611779442539812067b8b430930

 http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=RELOAD&core=core0

Hope this helps

~Vikrant

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,

I am not aware of anyone open-sourcing such tools.  But note that changing the files with a GUI is easy (editor + scp?).  What makes things more complicated is the need to make Solr reload those files and, in some cases, changes really require a full index rebuilding.

Otis