Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2019/09/06 10:53:21 UTC

Is there an XML Schema for DFDL schemas?

Hello DFDL community,

Is there an XML Schema for DFDL schemas?

/Roger

Re: Is there an XML Schema for DFDL schemas?

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
I've found to get content assist in Eclipse to "mostly really" work I have to rename my DFDL schemas to use extension ".dfdl.xml" because just unchecking all the Eclipse config boxes about XML Schema validation doesn't seem to be enough. Just having the extension ".xsd" seems to hard-wire some behaviors in Eclipse.

Putting the XML Schema for DFDL into the Eclipse XML Catalog as the schema to be used for the XML Schema namespace seems to "mostly" work.

Our TDML test language has DFDL schema embedded inside it via the tdml:defineSchema element. This works quite well. When writing a schema inside a TDML document all the nice Eclipse content-assist stuff for XML works well for the DFDL schema part of it.

Yep. In fact, Daffodil uses it to validate DFDL schemas before
parsing/compiling them. The schema is split into multiple files across a
couple different directories in the Daffodil code but the the Eclipse
Configuration page [1] has a list of the schemes needed and links to
them in our github code.

- Steve

[1] https://daffodil.apache.org/eclipse-configuration/

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.